ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT IN EQUESTRIAN SPORTS
Dust is everywhere: on manes, training tracks, stables, gravel, and dirt roads, and unpaved parking areas. Traditional dust binding has always favored salt products, but salt dust is not good for horses’ lunges.
Choose a safe and environmentally friendly dust-binding product for everyone, suitable for both summer and winter use. We will always help you personally in putting the product into use. You will also receive detailed instructions and, depending on the soil, the recommended method of application.
SAFER FOR HORSES THAN TOXIC SALTS
Salt use can lead to overly compacted or salty soils, which may not be ideal for the health of horses or vegetation in the area. There are the top 4 reasons why salts are not a healthy option for horses:
- Ingestion: Horses may be curious animals and may lick or ingest salt if it’s applied to the ground. Ingesting large quantities of salt can lead to salt toxicity, also known as hypernatremia. This condition can cause excessive thirst, dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, and potentially severe health issues if not treated promptly.
- Hoof Health: Salt on the ground can accumulate on horses’ hooves, leading to a drying effect. Excessive drying of the hooves can make them brittle and more prone to cracking and other hoof problems.
- Soil Contamination: The repeated application of salt for dust control can lead to soil contamination with excessive salt levels. Soil that is too salty may not support healthy vegetation, which can impact the horse’s access to forage.
- Water Quality: If rainwater washes salt from the dust control area into water sources such as ponds or streams, it can negatively affect water quality. High salt levels in drinking water can be harmful to horses and other animals.
IMPROVES RIDER EXPERIENCE AND SAFETY
As people, we are breathing without even realizing it. It comes naturally to us. Unless we are sick, we think about times when we were healthy and how we should appreciate our bodies. What about animals that have bigger lungs than us? Let’s take, for example, horses.
At rest, horses typically take around 12 breaths per minute. Each breath is about 5 liters of air. With 12 breaths per minute, that’s nearly 60 liters of air moving into and out of their lungs every minute.
You can imagine the impact it can have on the animals’ health if the air they are breathing is dusty. The more dust in your lungs the higher risk of infection or diseases.
HELPS YOU SAVE WATER
Our dust impression solution is designed to maximize working efficiency. As our product is highly concentrated, once sprayed on the sand, it enters the top layer and binds together all available dust particles. Not to mention performs much longer than salt alternatives or water itself. Saving costs for water usage and machinery.
- easy-to-use liquid water-soluble concentrate
- made from natural ingredients – does not contain salt
- an environmentally friendly product based on sugars and starches
- fast spraying treatment depends on the material to be treated
- can be use safely in groundwater and conservation areas
- does not contain ingredients that are corrosive to your machines
- does not wash off surfaces as quickly as salt
- available in 1.000-liter IBC tote
You can find more information in our flyer here!
SEE ALL AREAS OF APPLICATION